At Bay City Strollers (“BCS”) we consider respecting the privacy of our clients to very of great importance. Please read this statement for information on the collection, use and disclosure of information provided by you.
1. Collection of Information
For BCS to process your bookings we need to collect information from you such as your name, address, contact phone number and contact email address. We also collect information regarding your current medical condition which is vital for us to ensure that your health and safety are maintained. This information is described as “Personal Information” for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
Personal information can be collected from Customers via the following means:
- Website (including in some instances cookies)
- Registration forms
- Medical Questionnaire
- Over the phone
- Credit card details via credit card purchases
2. Use of Information
BCS will use the information provided to ensure customers receive the highest level of service. Typical we use:
- Customer email addresses or contact phone numbers to inform customers of changes to session details
- Customer email addresses and home addresses to inform customers of any the latest fitness, nutrition and lifestyle guidance as well as information regarding upcoming specials or events organised by BCS (Note: customers have the option to indicate they do not want to receive this information, in which case it will not be used for this purpose)
- Names on customer registrations to compare with information on credit cards
- Customer contact phone numbers and email addresses to communicate with customers about bookings and payments
- Medical information to assess suitability for participation in the BCS sessions
- Employer details to assess potential future marketing options and optimal bus stop locations
- Information regarding the way in which a customer found out about BCS is used to assess and improve the BCS marketing strategy effectiveness
- Credit card details for payment of BCS services and products.
3. Disclosure of Information
- Typically, only employees or contractors of BCS may view Personal Information. However information may be disclosed to other parties if:
- That disclosure is required to give effect to the purposes for which BCS collected the Personal Information
- The customer has consented to that disclosure
- BCS believe that the disclosure may lessen a risk of harm to the health or safety of any person
- BCS believes an unlawful activity is being undertaken and the Personal Information is disclosed as part of BCS’s investigation into this activity
- BCS is required by law to disclose the Personal Information; or
- The disclosure is required for the enforcement of a criminal law or law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue.
4. Information Security
All information submitted to BCS via our website is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software.
Information sitting on the baycitystrollers.com.au website is protected by secure passwords and firewall technology.
Personal Information stored in hard copy is wherever practical, kept under locked security
5. Access to Personal Information
Personal information provided by you on our website can be viewed and changed by you if information provided is incorrect or out of date
Personal Information can also be updated by contacting BCS on 1300 882 129 AEST Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (excluding public holidays), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Children’s Privacy
BCS sessions are restricted to people over 18 years of age. However, if any information is provided or purchases made by children (such as BCS merchandise) must have the consent of parents or guardians
7. Other privacy information
Please remember to log off or close your browser once you have finished booking and paying for a BCS session(s). This is to ensure that others cannot access your Personal Information
If you share a computer with someone or are using a computer in a public place (eg internet café) you as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your computer.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your username and password. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and baycitystrollers.com.au
For further privacy information please contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au
If you have any queries regarding this Privacy Statement please contact BCS on 1300 882 129 AEST Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (excluding public holidays), or email at email@example.com